Henry Cow - In Praise Of Learning CD (album) cover

IN PRAISE OF LEARNING

Henry Cow

RIO/Avant-Prog

guy.murray
4 stars Music of depth and resonance that sounds as fresh and exciting now as it did when it was written, (interspersed with some rather self indulgent free improvisation sessions which I usually skip).

Sadly the same can't be said for the lyrics, which belong in a 1970's Student Union pamphlet!

I bought this album on CD after hearing "Living in the Hart of the Beast" on BBC radio 3's "Mixing it" and being blown away by it. It still makes whats left of my hair stand on end!

| 4/5 |