Comus - To Keep From Crying CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

4 stars I wouldn't be so harsh about this album as many others tend to be. Yes, it lacks sooo much schizophrenia and strangeness which were impossible not to love in "Utterance" but still it keeps a good quality and has its own gems. I simply can stand and applause for songs like "To keep from crying" and, of course, "The children of universe", the latter must be heard played very loudly! Oh, and "Get yourself a man" became my "guilty pleasure" although I would say it's a little bit overextended. The album has some poppier moments but actually I would recommend to give it a chance and listen without prejudice. It's kind of sad that band chose to change their vision of music completely, though...
Ragana | 4/5 |