Antonius Rex - Neque Semper Arcum Tendit Rex  CD (album) cover

Antonius Rex

Rock Progressivo Italiano

1 stars Wow, I'm the first to review this...and it's no surprise. I'm not sure what Bartoccetti and Norton were up to here, in fact through their whole career. Let's see, scary Latin vocals, church organ, some piano percussion, guitar, all the elements are there, but no organization. This album sounds like the demos for a horror movie, but there is no cohesion at all. I like ambient music, but this doesn't even qualify as that. And it's not scary! Sorry, sir, but Satanic you ain't. The Iommi/Blackmore-wannabe guitar soloing is totally out of place! The blues definitely ain't scary at all!The big distorted riffs totally jar with the organ, making for a cheezy and unpleasant mixture. The organ itself is nice, and a bit different, but it takes more than that to make an album...some pieces would be nice. At least this is better than the Jacula album, which is similar but even more boring. I really wanted to like this, but I just can't.
Heptade | 1/5 |