Acid Death - Pieces Of Mankind CD (album) cover

PIECES OF MANKIND

Acid Death

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars How memories change. I reviewed this album back in 1999. What I wrote back then is not what you will read here.

Acid Death is a Greek metal band. They have actually reformed again and is about to release a brand new album, according to today's update on their Facebook page.

Acid Death has it's roots in thrash metal. But Pieces Of Mankind, their debut album is so much more varied than that. It takes in a wide varieties of styles and melody lines. That includes symph prog and avant-garde prog too. The vocals are clearly thrash metal with a half screaming vocalist. Acid Death is also very technical at times. But always with an eye for a good melody line. The result is therefore pretty melodic. It still has some hard edges though. Comparissons are Sepultura, Machine Head and those bands who mostly has passed me by. I am no fan of the new metal scene which has implemented thrash metal and hardcore into a new type of metal. Nu-metal or whatever they calls it. But this album is one of the few which I tolerates from this scene.

3 stars