Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

3 stars I find "Lightbulb Sun" to be one of the more accessable and interesting Porcupine Tree albums. Steve manages to show of his emotional side in some of the acoustic tracks such as the title track. There is quite an upbeat and positive aura surrounding most of this album. "Four Chords that Made a Million" is an enjoyable track that displays interesting guitar work.

This album is less proggy than most others and it is still difficult to really get into some of these tracks for me. "Russia on Ice" is a brilliant epic. Although this album is rather individual and varied, it still just doesn't manage to amaze me at all. The talent is all here but the songwriting just doesn't capture me.

frenchie | 3/5 |