Uriah Heep - The Lansdowne tapes CD (album) cover

Uriah Heep

Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I can't add much to Bob McBeath review, the only thing I want to underline is the quality of THE SPICE song "Magic Lantern". For me it stands in the same row as URIAH HEEP epics like "July Morning", "Magician's Birthday" and "Pilgrim". This powerful beautifully composed song with some jazz lines shows, probably better than any other SPICE track, great potential of the band which soon became URIAH HEEP. David's voice is very strong and emotional, goose bumps, really. WARNING! 2CD reissue of the album contains different mix of "Magic Lantern" - David's voice is heard only from one speaker and it literally kills the song! Better listen original single CD version.

It's not easy for me to rate "The Lansdowne Tapes": 5 stars for HEEP fans and 4 stars for the rest of the world.

NotAProghead | 4/5 |