Pendragon - Believe CD (album) cover

4 stars Brilliant. This is work of a band that successfully combined clean melodies, nice lyrics and good musicianship. I like a band that combines acoustic guitars with electronic gadgets, the sounds of acoustic snares instead of power snares, and clear music works. I discovered Pendragon through this forum and Believe is my first Pendragon album. I can't help but appreciate how they defined neo-prog music-- which essentially pumped in fresh blood in progressive music. In the early eighties I followed Marillion for a while, till it failed to impress me after the third album. But Pendragon is not Marillion. I loved the two parts of Wishing Well the most. But all songs from the beginning to the end are good experience. However Believe is not a master-piece. This is a brilliant album which should be tried by all prog music lovers. If there was option, I would have voted it 4.5 stars.
Sharier | 4/5 |