Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

4 stars As a Zappa fan, I often think about my favourite Zappa Album. I have come to the conclusion that there is no best-album. Nearly every Zappa album has at least one fantastic number, most have a lot of good tracks and some contain superb music. Uncle Meat contains my all time favourites Uncle Meat, Dog Breath, the variations on these two numbers and cruisin for burgers. I also like all the versions of these songs I have heard over the years, for example the rock-type Uncle Meat on You can't do that on stage anymore Vol. 2, and the 'classical' uncle meat on Yellow Shars. Just based on these tracks alone, I could rate this album with 5 stars. But to be honest, I particularly do not like the second disc with spoken word, and the King Kong tracks are also not amongst my favourites. So it can not be more than 4 stars for Zappa here.
UncleMeat | 4/5 |