Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All  CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

4 stars In the late seventies I saw a Zappa concert on the television an immediately became a hugh fan: recently I was able to obtain this material containing tracks like 'Uncle Meat', Florentine Pogen and Inca Roads. I was impressed by the musicians (Chester Thompson, George Duke and Zappa himself) and the next thing I did was buying One Size Fits All. And I was not disappointed. Superb compositions (SOFA), Funny Tracks (pojama people), special guest Johnny Guitar Watson, and excellent solo's (Inca Roads). But the album has also always struck me as being a bit incoherent. I like all the tracks, but some of them do not really seem to fint on this album. (Can't afford no shoes). But still, it's one of his best.
UncleMeat | 4/5 |