The Secret Machines - Now Here Is Nowhere CD (album) cover

The Secret Machines

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars I saw their video on MTV2 for the song, "Nowhere Again". I was somewhat impressed. I got the CD for pratically nothing and was immediatel floored. Imagine a cross between the bluesy/spacey Pink Floyd crossed with The Flaming Lips ('First Wave Intact') and the art punk band Wire, (especially, "The Road Leads Where It's Lead'). Some combination, huh? It is very modern, but it also is very 70's krautrock. These guys from Texas USA also learn to use the guitar ala Brad Lanier who's band Medicine I also hear. Things look bright when young guys can broaden the spectrum using older prog bands as a template. (Mars Volta comes to mind, too.) I'm definately looking forward to some more stuff from these guys. Try them out. You may be surprised.
NJprogfan | 4/5 |