Devil Doll - The Girl who Was... Death CD (album) cover

Devil Doll

4 stars My first proper introduction to Devil Doll, this was definitely disconcerting on first approach. Why? probably the length as well as the lyrics, which I had not prepared myself for. But now that it has been about a year since I've come across this band, I now can appriechiate their music much more. For reference, it's not 66 minutes long as the length would suggest, but about 40 when you extract the 26 minutes of silence that hides a hidden track towards the end (worth the wait, but silence can't really be counted as much of a plus, hence it is a four star rating) Instrumentally, it is a very progressive album, many twists and turns which can be comical, strange and obscure. minute 22 for instance has made me laugh a good few times before.
Renkls | 4/5 |