Cherry Five - Cherry Five CD (album) cover

CHERRY FIVE

Cherry Five

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars The pre-Goblin band Cherry Five's only album.

I do not know much about Cherry Five to be honest. The full story of this band is told somewhere else in ProgArchives. But I know that the music here is pretty remote from what Goblin released.

Cherry Five does dynamic symphonic prog in the vein of Yes. The same dynamics is there. Cherry Five also sings in English, although the vocals are pretty heavy accented. Fair enough. The instruments are vintage and a real treat for those of us into this sound.

Everything comes down to the songs then. And the songs are very good. From the opener and slightly Italian beat influenced Country Grave Yard to the final track My Little Cloud Land. The songs are also filled with a lot of intricate details. Which off course adds spice to the album.

Unfortunate, some of the songs are a bit anonymous. That is my gripes with this album. It is bordering to being a great album, but it does not quite reach that level.

Nevertheless; if Yes and RPI is your thing; this album is a must have.

3.75 stars