Neal Morse - Testimony 2 CD (album) cover

Neal Morse

3 stars I don't get some people. Why would you buy a symphonic prog release, if you don't like the genre. Symphonic prog will never ever be original again, everything has done before. From Genesis to Kansas and back again. Symphonic prog is a genre for people who adore synthesizers/keyboards in all their glory. People for who melody is more important than pretentious over-complicated progressive nonsense. Bands who get lost in their music, because they want to be original and an acquired taste.

Neal Morse just wants to right music that will touch people's hearts. There is where the only flaw of this album surfaces... the Christian theme. For people of other believes or no believes, this can be a huge obstacle to take. At first it was even a hurdle to take for me. I listened to it once and was disgusted by the religious drenched songs. After a while I built up a filter and pinched through the theme and found some heavenly (no pun intended) melodies and great soundscapes you get goosebumps from.

Excellent release, by a great artist. I hope he some day stops to try and convert us.

snoe | 3/5 |