Entity Paradigm - Irtiqa CD (album) cover

IRTIQA

Entity Paradigm

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Prog from that part of the world, Pakistan. is a very rare thing. Even I'm not from a small Prog country (Czech Republic has few dozens of Prog bands), I will never experience what it is to be from big P. country (like USA/UK). I have quite a soft spot for these little bands that are trying and have to work against uneven odds.

If only the were doing it a little bit differently. This album has its Prog moments, mostly represented by "oriental" sound, that kind of arabic influences, that are so foreign for Europeans such as myself. That is good, intertwining into songs usually works, because almost nobody does that, so it's still fresh and new. The closest comparison would be Orphaned Land (even they are from the "opposing" side country).

However, what I despise most on "Irtiqa" are nu-metal vocals (with a little bit of hip-hop style, complete with scratching the record) that are featured especially on first few tracks. Also, expect a little bit of metal shredding.

Together, all these elements somehow works though.

3(+)