Somnambulist - Paranormal Humidor  CD (album) cover

5 stars In Paranormal Humidor, I think I just may have found an album that perfectly fits my taste in music, like a fine glove. With obvious respectful nods to influences of Yes, King Crimson, PFM, and even The Who, Somnambulist delivers a sound that is at once unique, dark, energetic, adventerous, and exceedingly expressive. Fantastic musicianship. Fantastic compostions. Fantastic explorations into the very dark pathos of progressive rock. The album's best tracks are ... all of them. It's true. Every track is, in my humble opinion, perfect. I've never before experienced progressive music quite like this. It's quality, personality, and power is nearly overwhelming. I hope Somnambulist continues producing music of this quality and style.
Cinema | 5/5 |