Djam Karet - Burning The Hard City CD (album) cover

BURNING THE HARD CITY

Djam Karet

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
4 stars This album is the highpoint in their early career IMHO and I can only recommend to start by this one if you are new to them. A lot of the material smokes on this album and sometimes veers towards metal with MC5 or Stooges guitar distortions or Frippian riffs. I also hear many elements in this early album that I will find in much later album such as Baku or New Dark Age.

Note to Lethe: I am not sure how this album can be a "backwards step" to an album that will come in three or four years later. Sure this album is not the quiet Collaborator (Boooring) . I must have a different version of this album (and with a different cover than this one above) and have not noticed problems soundwise. Of course one cannot do miracles with poorly recorded master tapes but there is nothing shameful.

Sean Trane | 4/5 |