Dredg - Catch Without Arms CD (album) cover

5 stars This album is more than shocking. I have to be honest, I haven't heard their older albums ("El Cielo" or the other one) so I can't talk abou their evolution or anything,but one thing I know, this album is really amazing.

The songs are structured in special scales and layers, I think "Catch Without Arms" is a masterpiece, every song from "Ode To the Sun" to "Matroshka" is truly incredible, you'll be shocked more than once with this album. So I think this could be one of the best releases in 2005 along with Porcupine Tree "Deadwing" and Pelican "The Fire In Our Throats..." so yes indeed, this album is actually Essential, the music is really versatile, everyone will find in this album at least a couple of awesome songs.

| 5/5 |