Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events CD (album) cover

A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS

Dream Theater

The Basement Tapes
5 stars While badly received by my Dutch forum "Musicmeter", this album brings to me a joy I have not felt listening to a Dream Theater album since (chronologically) "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence; the production and mixing are better than ever; the band never seems to get old, for they are as great virtuosos as they have ever been; the more chorus-based song structures, ambient intros and electronic drums definitely add a lot to their well-known style.

On the Backs of Angels, Bridges in the Sky and mostly Breaking all Illusions are my favourites, and Build Me Up, Break Me Down is the least to my opinion.

The Basement Tapes | 5/5 |