Absolute Zero - Crashing Icons CD (album) cover

Absolute Zero

RIO/Avant-Prog

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars I will be one of those party crashers here, because my experience with this record isn't exactly a walk through a rose garden. I carefully approached it, examined it, tried, thought a while if what I hear is too crazy/weird to be appreciated, or if it's part of the game or Avantgarde. It probably is and die hard fans of the genre will be glad, but fearful people, average Prog Joes like myself, who can only withstand weirdness to some extent (and past that border it's incomprehensible cluster of annoying sounds), we will fail.

If you try hard, you can get to appreciate clever composition in combination with a lot of ambient stuff (probably time out, so we can rejuvenate?). Musically, this record fails. You simply have to FEEL IT.

2(+), so yes, it's one of THOSE albums.

Marty McFly | 2/5 |