Stanley Clarke - Let Me Know You CD (album) cover

Stanley Clarke

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars 80s was the bad era of music. Not just Prog, but music in general. While some new genres and artists emerged, others hit the rock bottom here and from there they crawled their way back to /not to the top, but at least higher places.

This album is bad, but still can be listened, but only if you have a soft spot for melodies. I do, but this is way too strong (or rather weak) coffee for me. And I don't drink nor like coffee.

Musically, this is slow disco stuff & pop most of the times. At least, there weren't electronic drummers in this era, it would make it much worse. Worse ? If it even can be applied, given nature of this music, are there even shades of badness and shallowness ?

1(+), anti-Prog album and even these melodies are so sweet and cheap that my head hurts.

Marty McFly | 1/5 |