Leprous - Bilateral CD (album) cover

BILATERAL

Leprous

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

SoundsofSeasons
5 stars Leprous. I love you. I really do.

What do you get when you take the vocal prowess of Pain of Salvation, the metal brutality of Opeth, the keyboards composition and catchy-ness of Riverside/Porcupine Tree. (okay im just naming off my favorite bands here but that is vital to my overall point! Leprous is my newest favorite among my handful of all time favorites.. the ones i just described above.

This album is so much more than i wished for, even after salivating at the mouth from their first effort Tall Poppy Syndrome. When i heard TPS i kept thinking.. could this be?? Is this my new obession??? Yes. And this album is that obession, along with this band. Im so excited that I get to see a band grow from not-so-humble beginnings. Leprous blows me away.

Why is this album so amazing? What makes this band so good?

Other reviewers have explained it better than i can, and more than i'm willing to spend the time to expand on anyway

do yourself a favor and discover another prime example of the new generation of prog taking steps into the history books with this band

Masterpiece. nothing less.