Unexpect - Fables of the Sleepless Empire CD (album) cover

FABLES OF THE SLEEPLESS EMPIRE

Unexpect

Experimental/Post Metal

I Love Internet
5 stars Unexpect delivers again! These guys amazed me with their previous album In a Flesh Aquarium and now they are here with their third album. Compared to the previous album this one seems much more focused production and composition wise. In my opinion the guitars on this album are less black metalish than on the previous. Also this time around the songs donīt sound quite as hectic, the songs seem to have crearer direction in which they are heading. Vocally this album is just as heavenly as the previous one, with the mix of all possible kinds of grunts and screeches and Leilindels angelic singing. Basis of this album is metal thatīs often quite heavy, but there is alot of stuff in thatīs not metal.

Iīm not sure how to set my words of recommendation. This is for fans of strange yet melodic music who donīt mind, if things get heavy. Devin Townsend fans is one group who should definately check this out.

MASTERPIECE!