Os Mutantes - A Divina Comédia Ou Ando Meio Desligado CD (album) cover

Os Mutantes

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Good but not in the same level of the two previous albums.

Unbalanced; it mixes good songs with others not so good.

Tracks 'Ando meio desligado', 'Ave Lucifer', 'Meu refrigerador não funciona', 'Hey Boy' and 'Oh! Mulher infiel' are worthy.

The version for the classical seresta (Brazilian serenade) 'Chão de estrelas' (Floor of stars) did not work well. The attempt to make fun with the dramatic lyrics resulted poor.

Minus 1.5-star for the weaker songs and minus 0.5-star for the 'Chão de estrelas' disaster. Total: 3.

One curiosity: 'Ando meio desligado' supposedly a love song became the "anthem" of the Brazilians hemp-users. The lyrics help: 'I am partially spaced out/Not even feeling my feet on the ground/I look and I see nothing/I don't want you to want me' (free translation).

Atkingani | 3/5 |