FM - Black Noise CD (album) cover

BLACK NOISE

FM

beebs
4 stars I bought this album brand-spanking new when it first came out, as I had heard the song "Phasors on Stun" on a local college/prog radio station. It was tantalizing enough to make me check it out, and it was quite a pleasant surprise. All the tracks are at least listenable, and there is enough distinction between them that there's no room for boredom. Very innovative use of violin and "electric" mandolin by Nash the Slash here.

I've since found it on CD (wish I could say the same for the follow-up, "Surveillance") and it has weathered time very well. I highly recommend this to any prog music lover, especially those who delve into synthesizer work.

beebs | 4/5 |