Abus Dangereux - Live CD (album) cover

Abus Dangereux

2 stars The final Abus Dangereux album before the Dangereux extention was dropped and Abus continued on it's own on the next three albums.

According to Pierrejean Gaucher in the interview we did sometime ago, this is an album with new material recorded in a live environment. Just like Soft Machine did on Alive & Well, in other words.

The music here is fusion with guitars, woodwinds, bass and percussion. The sound is reasonable good.

After some first very positive impressions, I am not that impressed after repeated listenings. The album is devoid of any good tunes. I don't think the dynamics is particular good here. The music sounds a bit safe. This album lacks the sparks that makes fusion and jazz so interesting. In short; I am not amused. Hence my verdict.

2.5 stars