Sean Filkins - War And Peace & Other Short Stories CD (album) cover

Sean Filkins

5 stars As a proper fan of bands like Porcupine Tree, Pendragon, Arena, Abigail's Ghost etc I heard by accident two songs of Sean Filkins' solo album. At that very moment I knew that it is a NEED for me to have this cd. In my opinion Sean Filkins really did improve since he left Big Big Train and now presents an excellent first solo album. The particular timbre of his voice gives each single song a certain power and emotionality. Compositions, musical arrangements and instrumentation are absolutely remarkable. To me War & Peace and Other Stories is one of the best albums in recent years which is truly recommended.
HCG | 5/5 |