Barclay James  Harvest - Once Again CD (album) cover

Barclay James Harvest

5 stars Once Again is one of those rare albums that moved me the first time I heard it, which was about 20 minutes ago.I always stayed away from the band, because of the Light Prog label, I also heard if you don't care much for the Moody's, you probably won't like BJH. What a mistake that was, This is a stunningly beautiful album, that shimmers with the finest symphonic elements, I did not think this was light prog at all, I suppose the lead guitar with a bight has something to do with that. I feel as if the music is in between The Moody's and Crimson in style. Closer to the Moody's of course. but not light weight at all. I took a gamble finding a vinyl copy for 7 bucks, might be the best deal this year. cool cover art too. As I re spin Once Again I am thinking how BJH beat the Moody Blues at their own game. If you like the softer King Crimson numbers or the best of the Moody's I can't see why you wouldn't like this.
darkprinceofjazz | 5/5 |