Pendragon - Passion CD (album) cover

4 stars I find a good guide to how successful an album is, is if it takes me somewhere. I like Pendragon, I have found that they produce likeable almost naive music up until a more mature slightly darker sound after Believe. This album really drives at you initially with quite pulsating rhythms and it produces a dark almost metal undercurrent. Layered on this is the excellent keyboard work and finally some truly soaring guitar work. I found myself drifting along very nicely with the album which, for me, blends together thoroughly as a single piece. Altogether a really enjoyable album with no particularly stand out tracks. Good work all round.
Whatlarks | 4/5 |