Big Big Train - The Underfall Yard CD (album) cover

Big Big Train

5 stars Every once in a while you come across an album that just speaks to you. It seems to speak to you personally, directly and is guiding you somewhere. It opens a door to a new wing of that big old house you thought you had explored to the full. Having grown up listening to Genesis, Caravan, The Strawbs and many other "English" style bands I always have a soft spot for pastoral, eccentric and undeniably English prog. For me this album ticks all the boxes. The songs tell great stories, the music is varied using brass and woodwind and David Longdon brings a great vocal prescence. This is my favourite album of the last 3 years.
Whatlarks | 5/5 |