Magma - Merci CD (album) cover

2 stars It took me some time to really understand this is in fact a Magma album.

The opening track 1. Call From The Dark, with undertitle Ooh Ooh Baby, is simply a track most horrid. Euro disco and with English vocals. Braindead vocals too and I am starting to wonder what Magma really is singing about when covered behind a thick layer of Kobaiian. That is a serious question surrounding Magma after hearing the drivel on this song.

Thankfully, the album picks up from this sub stars level. And the rest of the album is OK. But this album is not what I love Magma for. There is not much of creativity here. Just some nice melodies here and there which any band could had done.

I get the feeling the band members went full steam ahead commercial here and left Magma behind. The result is an OK jazz disco pastisj, but not a Magma album and not a good album by anyone's standards.

2 stars