Medina Azahara - Medina Azahara CD (album) cover

Medina Azahara

2 stars I'm so sorry , and I wish to presents my excuses for my friends (collaborators, members, prog reviewers and etc...) from P A , but, I cannot agree with the 44% who give "Excellent addition to any prog rock music collection" and so minus to 31% who gives " Essential: a masterpiece of progressive rock music". After some careful auditions, my conclusion about MEDINA AZAHARA (self-titled) still the same: In spite of present some very beautiful guitar and keyboards passages, the disk suffer of a "deathly sin" - a very monotonous rhythmic section and this fact make one track very similar to others. If I want be coherent with one of my parameters of "What make a music be really progressive ?", which is the evolution of harmony, melody and rhythm, I think that last term from my "equation" are renegade at this work. For the reason above-mentioned, my rate is only 2 stars !!!
maryes | 2/5 |