Rush - Moving Pictures CD (album) cover

MOVING PICTURES

Rush

4.41 | 1944 ratings

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars If I am not mistaken, them most popular Rush album among their fans. So the band toured this album this year and have just released an own live version of Moving Pictures, recorded live this summer. I just spotted this album on ProgArchives new albums list.

This is the original version from 1981 though. An album I have owned for 20 years. I have played it quite regular although it is not my favorite Rush album.

After their long epics period in the 1970s, Rush decided to follow the flow and release album with shorter tracks. The Permanent Waves album was a bridge which lead to this album, Moving Pictures. It opens with one of their signature tracks Tom Sawyer and continues it's triumphant journey through some great songs. All of them are great though. There is no doubts this is one of the great prog albums. My favorite is the intrictate The Camera Eye epic where the old Rush shines through.

This is not one of my favorite Rush albums. I think it is too one dimentional and too much trying to please the 1980s scene. But I am not blind to it's obvious qualities. It is a true great album.

4 stars