Lord Of Mushrooms - Seven Deadly Songs CD (album) cover

SEVEN DEADLY SONGS

Lord Of Mushrooms

viperjr98
5 stars This disc is fantastic! I haven't gotten their first one yet, but you can bet I will. Perhaps it is more in the Art Rock vein, but this one is pure unadulterated prog metal. Fantastic hooks and riffs abound. There's some vestiges of Art Rock in there too. I hear some Echolyn, maybe some Gentle Giant. But then take those and throw in a heavy dose of Dream Theater-esque runs and riffs and you've got yourself one helluva disc.

For me, the highlight is the first 3 tracks. Separate and distinct, yet they transition smoothly and seamlessly. Great metal hooks and riffs followed by softer, yet still powerful, passages. And the drums are all over the place.

This a definite no-brainer 5-star effort. One of the best releases of 2005!

viperjr98 | 5/5 |