Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Messin' CD (album) cover

MESSIN'

Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Gatot
3 stars Recently, I played the seventies music especially those that were not quite considered great ones in the era including this 'Messin'' album by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Looking back the time when it was released I was much more paying attention to bands like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin or Bad Company at that time. No wonder that I was not quite familiar with this album. But when I play this album I find joy in the music especially with its simplicity in composition - nothing is complex at all - combined with its vintage blues-rock style that reminds me to bands like Trapeze or Grand Funk Railroad or Black Sabbath. I think, that is something that I can not get from modern music. The fact that it was recorded with analog technology is the major factor of enjoyment as far as my taste.

Nothing so special as far as track by track music as there is basically nothing unique except the nice nuance of the music. I can enjoy Messin', Buddah and Cloudy eyes nicely and I find the conculding track Mardi Gras Day is a funny song. There is basically no prog elements from this album. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW