Emerson Lake & Palmer - Black Moon  CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

3 stars The Emerson, Lake & Powell incident exluded (Palmer busy with Asia), this is the first Emerson, Lake and Palmer album since Love Beach. An album I don't think is loved among us.

Black Moon is still a romp in AOR land with a couple of forays into good old ELP land too. They have done a Yes and Pink Floyd here who also at that time moved into AOR. Radio airplay is the key. Something I am sure ELP got with some of the songs here.

The best stuff here is actually the straight AOR songs. The title track and Farewell To Arms is two very good songs. Their foray into classical music/muzak i also good. There are some not so good songs here. But my overall impression is that this is a good album. Far better than expected.

3 stars