Motion Theory - It's not as dark as that, Friend CD (album) cover

Motion Theory

3 stars A new English band with a lot of promise.

This twenty two minutes long EP is their third release. An EP that reminds me a lot about Gazpacho and their music. I have been told Gazpacho is in the Marillion (post Fish) vein too so I guess Marillion is a good reference too. In short, Alternative prog rock and post rock with some electronica and ambience. The tones lingers in the air instead of being rammed home. The vocals is in the Thom Yorke vein. Both acoustic and electric guitars are used.

The quality of the songs are good and candlelight dinners material. My gripe is the lack of killer tracks. But this is still a good EP.

3 stars