Lucio Battisti - Emozioni CD (album) cover

Lucio Battisti

4 stars I am quite surprised and pleased to find Battisti on PA! Lucio was the companion of my (and my wife) youth , his songs were inevitable on the beach and at parties. I can not say whether Battisti has to do with progressive or not, I only know that he was, in my opinion, one of the greatest composers of the last century, around the world, a true musical mind. Surely the most progressive albums of Battisti are "Amore e non amore" e "Anima latina", but I prefer the long series of extraordinary songs created from 1968 to 1973, some of which we can find in this collection. Songs like "Fiori rosa, fiori di pesco", "Emozioni", "Acqua azzurra, acqua chiara", "Non è Francesca", "Io vivrò (senza te)", despite their simplicity, contain memorable melodies and a pleasant freshness, with some very innovative arrangements for Italy of those years. This collection contains also "Mi ritorni in mente", which, in my opinion, is the greatest song ever written by Battisti: a unattainable melodic line, an orchestral arrangement that makes you almost cry, and poignant text. Battisti is for me one of the few Italian musicians that deserve to remain in the history of world music.
prog61 | 4/5 |