Jakob - Dominion CD (album) cover

DOMINION

Jakob

Post Rock/Math rock

Smegcake!
4 stars I actually really like this piece of post rock. It's basically ambience that slowly leads to a semi- energetic beat and tune, and I don't have an issue with its length. Perhaps I would prefer vocals though. The single song EP really reflects a somber and peaceful mood, despite its sometimes energetic drumming and guitar. But as a single piece EP, it has potential and works incredibly well for the minimalist design it has.

I'm not quite sure why I enjoyed this really. Instrumentals are not my preferred style in music - but for some reason, this one caught my attention, and given that, I must say that I recommend this for post rock fans - on the basis that it establishes and holds a mood as well as the listeners attention throughout. I could actually see this being quite good study music for those who happen to come across this rarity (legally).

4 stars.