Gentle Giant - Octopus CD (album) cover

OCTOPUS

Gentle Giant

toroddfuglesteg
5 stars This is it !! The type of albums which makes me fall in love with art and prog rock.

Octopus is full of quirky details and melodies. A mix of pastoral church music, symph prog, quirky jazz and folk rock. That and a lot of other things. It starts with the superb The Advent Of Panurge and then goes on a rampage throughout. The vocals is superb. The sound is superb. Not all songs are fantastic. But all of them are in that area.

Gentle Giant is for me the yardstick when judging eclectic prog and quirky, weird music. And Octopus is full to the brim of it. It also throws up a surprise on the last track River. A more mainstream track which is still superb. But my main impression is that this album is full of strange twists and hilltops. So much that I this for me is true love. A sure five stars album and one of the best albums we have registered here in ProgArchives. I am delirious with joy.

5 stars