Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Storia Di Un Minuto CD (album) cover

STORIA DI UN MINUTO

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars One of the more legendary albums in the RPI scene and overdue a review from myself.

I have been listening to it on and off for the last two years, but I have never taken time off to get my thoughts about it collected into a short and concise review.

This award winning bakery (Premiata Forneria Marconi) has taken a more pastoral, Genesis influenced route to RPI greatness than most other RPI bands from the 1970s. And this album is a good example. After a short intro, one of their best ever songs and one of RPI's finest songs Impressioni di Settembre comes. It is a brilliant song. The album also has a lot of other great songs, but side 2 never really gets going for me. It has a lot more pop and folky feel and not that great pastoral Genesis feel as side 1. But this is still a great album. But it is not as good as the follow up album, the mighty Per Un Amico.

Still, Storia Di Un Minuto is a great album.

4 stars