Meshuggah - I CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

5 stars Yeah, I've been meaning to submit a review for this one for a while. Listening to "I" after many spins of "Nothing" feels like a sucker punch right to the skull. Don't get me wrong, "Nothing" is a great release, but "I" just don't see it coming. Some words that come to mind...Technical, hypnotic, infectious, pummeling. And...HEAVY. In my opinion this is the best material that they have written and created. It reminds of "Chaosphere". Yet so different in many ways. More raw. Now, "Catch 33" is awesome. But after the release of "I" I feel it is over shadowed. Listen to them back to back and if you survive, well, it could be kick ass sonic experience. I recomend doing this. 5 outa 5..No prob.
| 5/5 |