Porcupine Tree - Up The Downstair CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

5 stars The album that makes justice to PT name.

My short review is based off in the original version, not the remastered.

What to say about Up the Downstair, if not a classic prog masterpiece? I was introduced to PT with they´re first albums, in the beginning of 2000. I started to listen Lightbulb Sun, Signify, The Sky Move Sideways and of course, Up the Downstair. I could not help to find similarities to Pink Floyd sounds, but not in a negative way. Musical structures are fairly balanced and in fact, directly providing them in a way, a very unique sound if we check it out closer.

In short, is really sad that some people only discovered PT music through they´re latest albums, but has become a way to discover the pure gold behind them.

I just wanted that they continue down this path now and then, sometimes in the future.

hogarth | 5/5 |