Electric Light Orchestra - On The Third Day CD (album) cover

ON THE THIRD DAY

Electric Light Orchestra

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars The third album from this rather strange band.

Their sound and music very much reminds me about The Beatles masterpieces Eleanor Rigby and A Day In Life. Jeff Lynne, who later played with George Harrisson in Travelling Wilburys, really put his mark on this album with his vocals and music.

I find it difficult to really describe their music on this album more than comparing this band to the two masterpieces above. The chello is a big part of the sound here and so is the very vintage sound. A sound I really like. Jeff Lynne's vocals are also great. The music here is not great, but it is not bad either. I feel that Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King has been played to death now. Both before and after ELO's own version included here. But this album is a good album and one I enjoy.

3 stars