Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Darwin! CD (album) cover

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars The second album from this band and an album which is high on the alltime best RPI albums list.

This album offers a lot, to say at least. Everything from rousing jazzy parts to pastoral and more reflective melody lines. This album takes you on a journey. Most of this music is performed with chamber orchestra instruments too. This is not quite like an album from Aranis, but it still has a this chamber orchestra feel. Baroque music in fact. The vocalist reminds me a lot about a crossbreed between Angelo Branduardi and Luciano Pavarotti. Francesco DiGiacomo is indeed one of the best ever RPI vocalists and he proves it here. Excellent vocals.

The music too is great. I am not going to tire you out with the fiftieeth long review of this album. But I just conclude this is a great album. This despite of a distinct lack of a real killer track. Hence my rather meek four stars here.

4 stars