Pendragon - The Masquerade Overture CD (album) cover

4 stars Perhaps best compared with "The Window Of Life" of their previous albums. Pendragon with this release to me finally realized their true potential and made an album which, with regards to their style of music, is nothing but perfect. As a whole this album is their most consistent, maybe on some of the other albums their have been separate tracks that have been better, but for sustained quality this is the best. The last track on this album, "Masters Of Illusion", is for me the best they've ever done, equal to "The Black Knight" from the first album. Even though this album is, in my view, as perfect as a Pendragon album is ever likely to be, it cannot be considered a masterpiece in my opinion - far from it in fact. To me Pendragon's music has always lacked that little extra and this is no exception. I'd give it more than 3 stars though and since I can't give it 3 1/2...
| 4/5 |