Tasavallan Presidentti - Tasavallan Presidentti CD (album) cover

Tasavallan Presidentti

Eetu Pellonpaa
4 stars I liked this album very much! The voice of FRANK ROBSON is more pleasing to my ear than EERO RAITTINEN's, who replaced him on the forthcoming "Lamberland" album. I would like to add BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS to the batch of bands, which were mentioned as the influences of these guys. Pressa's ballad "I Love You Teddy Bear" sounds a bit like "Sometimes in Witer", and Frank has a similar voice as DAVID CLAYTON-THOMAS. Along that song, my favorite tracks are "Obsolete Machine" (bluesy rocker), "Drinking" ("I want to go naked in the pub, and hit the doorman in the face" !), "Driving Through" (another bluesy rock song a l CREAM) and "Thinking Back", which is a beautiful piano tune by JUKKA TOLONEN, with birds singing over it in the vein of early PINK FLOYD tunes. The bonus track "Deep Thinker" is also an excellent song! It was on their single with the another bonus track, but it was also on their second album which was a really rare collectors item for a long time.
Eetu Pellonpaa | 4/5 |