The American Dollar - Atlas CD (album) cover

The American Dollar

Post Rock/Math rock

5 stars The American Dollar is an American ambient post-rock music project, formed in 2005 by John Emanuele and Richard Cupolo. They´re music (by they´re own words) are "In order to create a set of contemplative reflections on the world they live in ways that could reflect positive, neutral or negative forms, depending on the point of view and state of mind of each listener".

Its musical structure is based in electronic sounds. Maybe may have some similarity with God Is an Astronaut and Caspian, and some other post-rock influences.

I found out myself enjoying they´re music very much, and Atlas is for me an escape to calm my mind and soul, from reality that surround us.

Due to the band´s short time in the active, they have already a respected discography.

The American Dollar (2006); The Technicolour Sleep (2007); A Memory Stream (2008); Ambient One (2009); From The Inland Sea (2009); Atlas (2010); Ambient Two (2010); The Best of ... (2010).

hogarth | 5/5 |