Il Castello Di Atlante - Capitolo 7  - Tra Le Antiche Mura CD (album) cover

CAPITOLO 7 - TRA LE ANTICHE MURA

Il Castello Di Atlante

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
5 stars The fifth and so far latest album from these masters of RPI.

Il Castello Di Atlante both has their own style and also follows the RPI tradition. Their sound is more based on Genesis' Foxtrot album than most other RPI bands. But their sound is archetypical RPI and an advertisement for Italy and it's tourism industry. I am checking the latest holiday offers now..... 10 days in Italy.. hmm....... This album almost convince me to take up this offer. If you don't start to appreciate Italy after listening to this album, your heart is made of stone.

Five long songs, five different stories. The vocals are excellent. The music lush, pastoral and excellent too. The same goes for the keyboards based sound. The guitars are typical RPI and excellent too. The use of violins are excellent. The drums and bass is rumbling on in the background. The five songs are lush, pastoral and very melodic. Their music somewhere between Genesis, RPI and folk rock. Each song is as good as each other. They have frequent changes of themes and is not easy listening. But when getting into them, they stays on forever.

This is an excellent album from a band which is in the top 5 of alltime RPI bands. Il Castello Di Atlante is easily the best post 1970s RPI band. This album just confirms their position and I sincere hope they will return again with a new album. That is one of my wishes for 2012.

In the meantime, I will continue to listen to this near perfect album.

5 stars