Glass Hammer - Cor Cordium CD (album) cover

COR CORDIUM

Glass Hammer

jverweij
4 stars OH YEAH!!

now this is an exciting release! I was already very impressed with their previous album "If", but "Cor Cordium" takes it up a notch.

Yes, Glass Hammer sounds alot like early (brilliant) Yes. I don't care, I like Yes...alot. Glass Hammer also does a fine job in eliminating the only annoying thing about Yes, the organ-like sounds. For 2 straight albums the have not produced a single bad song.

Cor Cordium consists of 6 songs. All are high quality symphonic prog songs in the vein of Yes. Each song is brilliantly constructed, but requires more than a few listens to get in to. In my opinion this is a more eclectic album than their last release. Just listen to the absolutely stunning opener "the Nothing Box" and you will see what i mean!

90/100 points, so actually 4,5 stars.

jverweij | 4/5 |