Anderson Bruford Wakeman  Howe - Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe CD (album) cover

ANDERSON, BRUFORD, WAKEMAN, HOWE

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe

Snow Dog
Errors & Omissions Team
2 stars Great Cover! Dean just seems to get better as the years go by. But that is as it should be. The music within though is less good, but there are some great moments.<>

These moments start with the first track "Themes", as good a song any, it has a wonderful intro, with piano and synth call and answer playing by Wakeman until Bruford enters the fray with his electronic drums, and things get really going. "Order of the Universe" is the other stand out for me and I guess "Fist of Fire" is not bad either. What really ruins this collection for me though is the dreadfully dreary duo of "Brother of Mine" and "Quartet". When you have ten and nine minute songs, you expect, or at least I do, something to happen in them. Sadly for these pair the songs remain largely unchanging throughout. There seems to be build up, but a climax never really comes.<>

The rest of the album doesn't do a lot for me either, but this album is not a disaster. Rather it's an album where expectations are high, but not a lot happens!

Snow Dog | 2/5 |